Maachah = "oppression"
n pr m
1) father of Achish, king of Gath at the beginning of Solomon's reign
2) father of Hanan, one of David's mighty warriors
3) a Simeonite, father of Shephatiah, prince of his tribe in the
reign of David
4) son of Nahor by concubine Reumah
n pr f
5) daughter of king Talmai of Geshur, wife or David, and mother of Absalom
6) daughter of Absalom, wife of king Rehoboam of Judah, and mother of
king Abijam of Judah
7) concubine of Caleb the son of Hezron
8) wife of Machir of the tribe of Manasseh
9) wife of Jehiel, father of Gibeon
Maachathites = "pressure (literally she has pressed)"
10) a mercenary people hired to fight David